Monday, March 7, 2011

Let's Rodeo San Antonio



Photobucket **doesn't this look so nice and relaxing? :-)



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket**although it does look like he is about to get kicked in the face... he isn't ;-)



Photobucket

We went to the VERY last night of the Rodeo a couple weeks ago to see good ol' Josh Turner. We were so excited when he played his song, "Another Try"... which wasn't ever a radio hit but it's our fave of his. And we got to spend 8 bucks on a bloomin' onion and 6 bucks on a lemonade! Yeehaw! :-) I will say the rodeo is definitely an experience every Texan (and otherwise) should have. All the plaid shirts, tight pants, cowboy hats, and bedazzled belts you could ever imagine!

4 comments:

Diane said...

I L-O-V-E the rodeo! I am so glad you got a photo of the opening ride holding the flags...I loved that part. There definitely is a dress code...remember how I came home from the rodeo and wanted to buy a bedazzled fleur de lis shirt to wear with my boot cut jeans? I am over it now...whew that was a close one.

Marci said...

That pig is DISGUSTING! Now that I've finally made it to part of our rodeo, I need to stay for the actual rodeo part next year :-)! Gotta love Texas!

Zach O. said...

so while i didn't like that being the end there was no stock show...and they took way too long with the dadgum raffle between the rodeo and the concert...but josh turner was the best concert i've seen at the rodeo...i really enjoyed that. nice to see a personal blog entry again. good times.

Anonymous said...

I see that pig and I think one thing


BABY BACK RIBS.....


Makes me wonder...
How could something so tasty come from something so ugly?

Mom and I miss the Alameda County Fair but the Rodeo is a fine substitute!