Sunday, August 2, 2009

Late Night Snack

{was craving something healthy, and decided to try out the Magic Bullet courtesy of Momma Oliverson.  It is pretty amazing!  And the smoothies were good too.}


I had a scare this week.  


Twice a week, on Tuesday and Friday, I have the opening shift at work, so I show up at 5:30a and work until 1:30p.  Sometimes it feels so early that I'm sick to my stomach and don't have any appetite.  While normally I wake up and eat right away.


Last Tuesday, I felt sick.


I taught my abs class, showered up for work, and while blow-drying my hair I got a serious hot flash.  


Pretty sure that meant I needed to head to the bathroom.  Pronto.


So to the bathroom I went, and broke out in goosebumps and sweat.  (Too graphic?  sorry)  All the while, thinking why on earth am I so sick?  Hot flashes?  In the morning? 



 ....No.  It can't be.  



I walk out to my coworker, explain to her my situation, and she verbalizes my suspicions.  Oh dear heavens.  


I headed home, sicker than sick, and rested the day away.


Turned out to be just a 24-hour bug.  But my word, was that an odd little while.  I felt an extreme leap into married life that morning.  Thoughts of pregnancy, babies, responcibility.  


Not yet, my friends.  


Not yet.

11 comments:

Diane said...

I'll return the crib to babies r us.

Diane said...

and Welcome Back!

Christina said...

That looks like a mighty yummy snack! We have the Bullet too and love it!

Marci said...

Haha! :-) I'm glad you're feeling better and glad you get to enjoy your married life a little longer with just the two of you.

Brittany said...

How scary, for our first few months anything abnormal to my health or cycles was chalked up to "oh must be pregnant!" I'm glad you can have more time with what our married friends with kids refer Ili and I as living..."single life."

Lisa and Mark said...

but it's awesome, i swear!

Diane said...

and I am not ashamed to admit that when I saw all that fruit in the blender, I thought "the bullet" was a concoction for... um ..... regularity.

Zach O. said...

(cough) well just swallowed my heart back down.

Anonymous said...

Love it. I have no idea how many "scares" we had out first few years of marriage. I was SO not ready - hence the reason Mallory didn't come until after our 5th annniversary. =o) Married life is wonderful - there's PLENTY of time for kids later. Enjoy each moment together. It's the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh .. and once you are ready. Kids are the best and you enjoy each moment with THEM. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I do love your mom's comment - returning the crib. Hilarious.

melissa said...

Terrifying! I feel for ya, to be scared like that. It's like, you know a baby is such a blessing but you know that there's NO WAY you're ready for that, and you're wondering how in the world will you tell people that you're one month pregnant and only two months married. You just can't wrap your head around how much your life is about to change and you turn into a basket case. Been there. :) But thank heavens for just a scare! Especially this first year of marriage, even the first few months, are so special - enjoy and embrace this honeymoon stage!! And make it last as long as you possibly can! :)