Monday, January 25, 2010

I've spent the last few days...

...upstairs in my parent's studio, learning how to paint.

Paint
(photo courtesy of a peeping father)

Mom has been teaching me as I go,
and I have discovered a new love. I absolutely love painting.
It is so fulfilling.
I love playing with colors and light,
proportions and expressions.

I've been working on a recreating
one of my favorite photographs I've ever taken.
It's of my Zacho.
The image was shot in black and white
(it's the one he has as his portfolio picture for blogger),
so I didn't have a color reference...
but I knew I wanted a vibrant painting, to adorn our huge, boring, white walls.

Anyway,

If I get the nerve, I'll post the painting.
But not until it's framed. If even at all.
Not that I'm not proud of it, because I actually have totally fallen in love with it.
But more because I'm a pansy. :-)
It's completely my style, and if you knew me you'd recognize that.
If you didn't know me, it might look odd.
Because, in reality, it is odd.
And that's precisely why I love it so!






8 comments:

Marci said...

I think you HAVE to share it now that you blogged about it...isn't that some sort of blogging rule :-)?!

Diane said...

ditto Marci's comment. I love your painting, I love the style and color and 'mood' of it. I know how you feel, I was nervous to post all of my work...it is very personal. and as such, rejection would be hard to take. but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the response.

Cheryl Joy said...

I want to see it now!
Process pictures, please?

Barlow Fam said...

I agree, please post. Oh, and good for you!

michele cabiness said...

ok, I just HAVE to see this painting. I already know that I will love it!

Anonymous said...

That's not fair! Terrible teaser! You HAVE to share it! Can't wait to see it!

Brittany said...

I know I'll see it in person but I agree that you HAVE to post it! I'm very curious why you call it odd, I'm sure it looks great. I imagine it is an oil painting?

Kayla said...

K, so I am coming out and saying I totally blog-stalk you! Your blog is so fun to read, you're so creative and cute! If you want an invite to mine, email me your email: fashionarchaeologist@yahoo.com But I'm a bad blogger lately. And nowhere near as creative as you are.