Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wanting Your Opinion

...I have been regretful about my blog address {chrissyfreeman.blogspot.com} for quite some time.

It is no longer my name. Why I didn't figure that to bug me later, I have yet to realize. Buuut in my defense, I will say I made this blog the summer I moved to Texas which was also the summer I ended my WWIII-of-a-relationship. Forgetting/reluctant/apathetic about the prospect of getting married are all words that could have well described my status.

Here's what I'm getting at:

You can CHANGE your blog address!

But not so fast, there missy...

Repercussions are as follows:

1.) ALL links from other blogs (that means YOU, dear reader, and your little blog too) will be dead linked. Meaning, you click on it and it goes to nowhere. So you'll (yes, YOU) have to take a sec to change the link to the new address.

2.) My previous address will be up for grabs. For that chrissyfreeman out there who is JUST NOW deciding to join the blog world. Where's she been the past 5 years?

3.) Finally, I've heard some nasty rumors out there that the Scum of the Earth that is pornography has a tricky business of grabbing old addresses and using them. How mortifying would that be?!

In other words, I'd have to try my darndest to quickly re-register my old address after I give it up. Clearly, I'd use it to re-direct people to my new site.

So tell me, is it worth it? Kindly leave a comment and/or take my poll in the upper left, please...

And, do be honest :-)



11 comments:

Marci said...

I say go for it. You have many more years of blogging left to do as an Oliverson, so you may as well make the change now. I have considered changing mine so my last name isn't in it, just to make it slightly more anonymous, but some idiot took the daybyday.blogspot domain in 2001 and hasn't blogged since. I should be able to claim it! Your faithful readers will follow you :-)!

Desirae said...

You might as well change now in the beginning of your new name.

Diane said...

If you can change it, do so. But I sure would NOT want it to be linked to porn, so I would thoroughly research that one. If you decide to stay with the old one, just remember, you will ALWAYS be christine, naomi, freeman, oliverson and that's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Can't you keep both of them? I don't think you have to surrender the bog to get a new one, keep the old one active and link it to the new one.
I'm sure the task will be one of those things "that sound difficult but it's very hard to do". I know the Freeman Brothers Band has 3 blogs, 2 abandoned and one not so active.
Go for it CC.

Diane said...

I like dad's idea best of all. so now my vote is no.

Cheryl Joy said...

You can make a new one and keep the old one too. Why not? Is there a way to just transfer everything and that was what you are looking into? If so, just have someone on another laptop setting up the whole process of making a new blog- and as soon as you hit the button the transfer, they can hit the button to create.

Stephanie said...

I went through the same thoughts. I ended up creating a new blog, but linking the old one to my new one b/c I didn't want anyone else to take my old blog URL, and I knew there would be tons of people out there who forgot to change the link and I didn't want to lose them. (all 2 of them) haha

Angie said...

Could they steal a blogspot address? I don't think so. Now if it had just been your name.com then yes. Nasty domain takeovers would definitely be a concern (at one time www.whitehouse.com was a BAD PLACE to go--I only know that because I'm a teacher and because kids so often assume everything is a dot come address!!). But I think ... because blogspot actually owns the URL ... I think you'd be OK.

You could definitely go either way on this, though.

Diane said...

p.s. love your twitter. now i have one more thing to keep me at the computer when i should be cleaning house.... oh dear.

Brittany said...

I like dad's idea

Jana said...

I would say change it :).

ps. I purposely used 'Jana + middle name' when I started my blog for this very reason [and I was dating absolutely no one at the time]. Haha, that's just how I think I guess.