Friday, December 4, 2009

3 days later

What was once a very tedious, labor of love is now a holiday wreath for the door.

I spent way too much time in the frigid cold fighting off squirrels for dibbs on this year's acorn harvest. I'm known for many things, and "feisty" officially joined the list yesterday. Our maintenance guy was walking the grounds while he saw me crouched down, gathering my supply, and I told him "just doin some gardening for ya'll. No need to pay me." He looked at me like I was a weirdo. Can't say I blame him. Some random girl, picking up acorns in the mud, cracking lame jokes. Not my highest point.

Buut, I am over joyed with my finished product. The picture makes the blue ribbon look brighter than it really is... I like the actual color much better. You'll just have to pay us a visit to see!


13 comments:

Zach O. said...

lemme tell ya somethin dear..."feisty" did not just make the list. been there for a while. ;) i love the wreath, and i love how you decorate our apt and make it a fun lil place to be.

Diane said...

I am speechless. More than ever, you must refer to my previous post comment.

Barlow Fam said...

WOW! That is AMAZING!!!

Marci said...

LOVE it!!! Did you see one similar somewhere or just come up with it on your own?

Grammie Star Wars said...

Oh, My Goodness!!!
That is the most beautiful wreath. Mr. Zack O is very blessed to have you has his eternal companion.
Love,
Sister Petersen ;.)

Chrissy said...

No, no, no... did NOT come up with it on my own... I saw it on MADE. A blog I follow... the link is on the bottom left hand side of my side bar stuff. Funny story: I've been following her for a while, and she recently moved from AZ to TX. Austin to be exact. And we all know there's tons of Oak trees up in these here parts. I thought it was kinda fun that she landed here, found something pretty in her new surroundings, and made this! So I wanted to make it too :-)

Brittany said...

Wow that is so cute and looks like you paid a lot of money at a high class store for it!

You should consider maintenance work for those afternoons when you're home, then you would get paid for all that help you're doing :)

Shan said...

Chrissy, that wreath looks amazing! How did you put it together? Hot glue? Needle and thread?

Charlene said...

Wow, and to think of the bags and bags full of those acorns I swept off the deck and threw away. What was I thinking? The wreath is awesome!

Chrissy said...

Hi Shannon! Yea, I hot glued that puppy... went through I don't know how many sticks and got a few blisters. But I am happy with how it turned out :-)

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful Chrissy. I love it. I also love that you gathered up all those acorns all by yourself. Hilarious story. Feisty - I love Zach's comment. Too funny.

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

Chrissy! I love reading your blog and I really should comment more.

How do you come up with all these cute ideas? I really love the wreath!

THE GROWS said...

that is such a good idea. What did you use super glue?