
Spurs season opener. Where else would we be?
Plus we brought Mom O. with us for a belated birthday gift... she's a big time Spurs fan :-)
I enjoy watching the games live. They get a little long when we watch them at home, and for how often they play, I just don't have the stamina. How Zacho lasts for each and every game I can't understand (except I can watch 2.25 hours of Michael Jackson rehearsing without even blinking my eyes -if you haven't seen This Is It- and are considering it, I would highly recommend it. My Mom and I were speechless the ENTIRE movie. He was a remarkable talent.) But, what I really don't understand is how the team manages to play and play and play and play and play in the longest season sports has ever known!? Exhausting.
Anyway, luckily, I bought myself a nice little Canon point-and-shoot (with the money we got from good ol' Kirby at last week's garage sale... shout out to the nice man who collects those things and wants to drive him on the beach. Don't think that's such a great idea. Took his money anyway. I'll miss Kirby.) to help me add my own little sort of enjoyment to the sporting events (since cameras with detachable lenses are never allowed in the venues. Party poopers.) Anyway, here's some pics from the newest induction into Chrissy's Camera Collection: (first time I've ever said-slash-written that. Has a ring to it.)

Some seriously happy Spurs fans. Like mother like son!

I kinda liked this one below. I have a thing for blurry, nondescript photographs. They don't force a story on you. I like the glow of the lights. The motion in Zacho's body about to head up the stairs to our seats. You can almost see a smile on his face. I like the color in the flags. And I like the depth of field with the illuminated court way down below.

But I will say, as far as camera performance goes, I'm most impressed with the first picture. I was pleased with the crispness, despite shooting in very low light. Defined lines, nice broad image (although it's not a wide angle camera), great color (which Canon is always good for). Can't really ask for much more. Except maybe to be able to take cameras with detachable lenses into venues :-)
Go Spurs go!

6 comments:
Yah that first picture is beautiful, I figured it was taken with Nik before I read about Can. I'm sure you'll begin differentiating your cameras with those names now :)
That is kinda sad about Kirby. I was a little saddened when we sold the Karmann Ghia but the money was also more useful than the old vehicle.
very solid post. that first picture is good. i was very impressed with your labeling of the starting five...that's my girl. jefferson's nickname is rj...but we'll come up w/ something better as the season progresses. i like the blurry picture too...that smile on my face is cuz i just walked into the arena...saw the four championship banners...and just appreciated the moment. good times.
I have some photography homework this weekend. It's a pretty "loose" class and not particularly focused so I'm not sure of the reason behind it--but he wants a sky shot (he said something about focusing on something else and then swinging the camera over and taking the shot ... it will get a better blue that way? I so don't understand him half of the time). Then a macro shot ... though I forgot why. Already planned on making cookies and taking close ups of the cookies. And then one more. Drat. I'm still at school so I forgot what that one is.
Charlene is too cute in her little Spurs shirt and jeans. Very cute shot of them having the time of their lives. You know I love the Canons, glad to welcome a new one to the fam. It did a great job. That is a good tip for getting photos of sky, I will have to try it.
By the way, when my birthday comes, I like the Superbowl, with the niners in it. So get to work on that, would ya?
Sounds fun, Ang! My guess is that when you focus on something close to you, the camera gets it's settings ready for an up-close shot, which usually has a quicker shutter speed... then pointing it at the sky you get a richer color, instead of washed out color from a slower shutter speed with a far away image. But I would like to know for sure. I should take a class like that. You should post your assignments on your blog!
I had such a good time. Thanks again!
Post a Comment