Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Home-Holiday Here I Come!



I've done it! I have challenged the world of Holiday decor and come off conqueror! Momma O. graciously gave us her absolutely precious hand-made decor that's been in a box looking for a home... and a home it has found. I love all of it. It feels so cozy here; now we're more than ready to ring in the season!

I even stepped up and made my own banner...




I went to Wal-Mart, picked up all the ingredients, and whipped it up this weekend. I am quite pleased. Especially since it's in a part of our place that desperately needed some interest. Although it looks nothing like the one I found on Etsy that I really liked, it still has a Chrissy-vibe. Mission accomplished.

Now I want to make one for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and birthdays!

Home-Holiday here I come!


14 comments:

Kristen said...

Chrissy I absolutely love how adorable and festive your place looks!!

Diane said...

Not sure why it was all in a box, but anything THAT cute AND handmade deserves to be on display and it is perfect for your place. I love your banner - it is really really cute. Good job, I am sure Zach is a happy guy now.

Amber Faull said...

Good job, Chrissy! The place looks great. Now do you and Zach have costumes?

Angie said...

So cute! Here I am at school ... but they didn't tell me they were holding a meeting in the library this morning. So we are in the freezing copy room rolling bookfair change.

Anyway. Super cute.

Marci said...

I LOVE your banner!!!

Brittany said...

I love it too, so festive. I can't begin to imagine how much more decked out you'll get for Christmas. Fun!

Shan said...

Love the banner!

Zach O. said...

when i look at that picture...the only thing i would change is adding a few more chocolate covered peanut butter balls in the cake deal. i appreciate the festive decorations babe...feels right. ;)

Charlene said...

Your place looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person. Zach's post solved the one question I had...what is in the cake keeper...peanut butter balls!

Cheerfully Charmed said...

I LOVE your banner! I want to make one now! A Birthday one would be super cute too!

Anonymous said...

How festive!...also love the banner!

Cyclingred said...

Zach better watch out. Looks like you might be picking you Charlene's habit. In twenty years you will have so many boxes of hand made decorations you will need to rent a storage unit for them. :)

Charlene said...

Money well spent. :)

Yangster said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the decorations. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I'm glad you're going all out. Also love the new blog picture that is very Halloween appropriate. Also, I saw a pic of you and Zach up on the bulletin board at church. CUTE!