Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Twilight

Oooookay. So the cat's out of the bag. I started reading Twilight. I am thoroughly, unequivocally enjoying it.


I was mostly afraid that I'd get bored out of my mind as I usually do with fiction novels, and disagree completely with the Stephanie Meyer fan club (and they are a devout bunch!). So I quietly started reading it, and found myself up all night last week with my nose in the book. Literally.


At this point in my book-review-postings I usually give a favorite quote from my readings thus far. If I were going to stick with the status-quo I would have to say my favorite quote thus far is: 'about three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him and I didn't know how dominant that part might be, that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.'


But I'm not going to stick with the status-quo.


Instead I'm going to quote my sister-in-law, who I spoke with this evening: 'after reading it I seriously thought I was going crazy and needed therapy. Honestly, all I wanted to do was be a vampire and run away with Edward. I didn't want to take care of anyone or do anything'.


'nough said.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah I thought they were good enough to read (more than once)and listen to on cd (it makes cleaning go by much faster and almost enjoyable) Sadly I still eat frosting from the container every once in a while although I have to hide it from Gene or he will steal some and that is just not acceptable.

Diane said...

ok. so hurry up and finish it so I can read it. I am afraid to read anyone's posts these days because they all talk about Twilight and I don't want to know anything!

Marci said...

I should be a little embarrassed I said that, but I'm not...it's the truth! I'm just SO happy you are reading them and enjoying them :-)! Just wait you will feel the same way soon enough!

Kelley said...

Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy-What have we gotten ourselves into????