Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Decision Has Been Made

I have finally decided on my camera! After much discussion, thought, and research, I settled on the Nikon D80. She's a beaut!

Most every photographer that I talked to said I would be happy no matter my choice of camera. The consensus was that great pictures aren't made from great cameras, but from great photographers. There's so many different shots and so many different techniques that it didn't matter Canon or Nikon. I decided on Nikon because A. nearly all of the pictures that caught my attention and I sought out the photographer to question were taken with Nikons. and B. Nikons are cool. The more I looked into Nikons the more I liked them.

So, there you have it!

I cannot WAIT to get it! and we can ALL track the package together as it travels it's way from NYC to good ol San Antone! Track my package HERE!

2 comments:

melissa said...

That's the exact camera we have!! We got it in April and WE LOVE IT. We have 2 lenses for it: an 18-135 lens (the one it came with) and an F1.8 50 mm lens (the awesome prime lens that has almost no depth of field and takes really cool pics like the ones I just posted from Temple Square). If you have any questions about it, call me and I'll have Jake do all the answering. He's the one who really knows how to use it. Anyways, congrats on the new job! I hope it is good to both you and your wardrobe. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

SUPER JEALOUS! I'm so excited for you. I know you're gonna love it. I love my D70. I have to say that Melissa is right - it's great to have those other lenses for the cooler pics. She knows what she's doing. Hope it comes soon and I can't wait to see some great pictures! Where did you end up finding one? Did you get a good deal?