Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Nursery, a family affair

It all started with a quilt. And the quilt became a dream. And the dream became a reality. Thanks to the hard work of probably every member of both sides of my family in one way or another, Mac has the nursery of my dreams! (yes, MY dreams ;-) THANK YOU, EVERYONE!

I'll start with all the finished product pictures, and then just a few fun ones to show the steps along the way! Enjoy!

Blog020

Blog002

Blog001

Blog003

Blog009

Blog004

Blog008

Blog021

Blog007

Blog006

Blog022

Blog005

and here's the view of the whole room from the door (the best I could do with my 50mm ;-)

Blog010

Now, I have to give credit where credit is due!

The quilt was hand-made especially for Mac by Mom Oliverson... and it is the first piece I got for his nursery and what I designed the ENTIRE room around! I absolutely love and cherish it. And Mac does too ;-) The bedding was made by me, with some help from Mom Oliverson when I got fed up. The photos are the ones I took of Mac and put on the blog a while ago, and the frames are Ikea. The chair is from Marshalls ($99) and the pillows were made by my Momma (the "M" being a total labor of love ;-). Sheepskin, Ikea. Rolling cubby bench was HAND MADE by my awesome brother in law, Charlie. Spray painted in bright red by myself and Momma O. (again, when I got fed up ;-)
Blog016
All of the crocheted animals were custom made for me by a woman in San Antonio who I found at a resale shop. She only charges $12 per animal!!! So I bought a million. My Momma painted the adorable wood ornaments and I build the frame for the mobile.
Blog014
And I sewed the changing pad cover with that super adorable cowboy print fabric. I was so excited when I found that. The crib and changing table were hand-me-downs from my sister and law, saving me a ton of money there! Rug, Overstock.com (only $33!) I made the cow-print ottoman... just recovered this nasty green thing!
Blog013
My Dad made the floating bookshelves and hung them at a height he can eventually reach.
Blog015
The cowboy hat was purchased at a store in Preston Idaho that Zacho used to buy toys at when he'd visit his Grandma every summer. It cost $1.99. Love it.

And that's all that I can think of! Thanks everyone for all your help and contributions!! I L.O.V.E. the way it turned out. LOVE.

9 comments:

Marci said...

Hooray for pictures of the new place! His nursery is SOOO cute!!! I bet it is so nice for him to have his own room now!

melissa said...

Please tell me these pictures will be submitted to a magazine or some home decor blog. It's so adorable!!! Rush got somewhat of a nursery after about a year, but Hailey has just been thrown in the guest bedroom with not a single thing on the walls! Poor girl... I just won't let her see pics of Mac's room, so she'll never know what she missed out on. :) I love EVERYTHING about it. You are so creative! And by the way, what's Zach's grandma's name? My friend's in-laws are all from Preston and a bunch still live there, so I'm curious if there's any relation. Love you!!!!!

Amber Faull said...

That turned out great! An adorable room for an adorable boy:)

Brittany said...

It's so beautiful and perfect for little Mac! I need your help putting together Dustin's bigger boy room!

THE GROWS said...

Chrissy!! I love it. I love all the colors and everything about it. sooo cute. do you want to come do mine? :)

Danielle said...

Wow. Everything is perfect, what a cute, original, visually stimulating room for your little boy! I love it!

Grammie Star Wars said...

Beautiful room Mac!

;.)

kelley said...

Prestonl, Idaho!! That is where I was born and my Mom and Dad grew up. Love the nursery. Kelley

Stefanie said...

I LOVE his room! SOO cute! I am thinking of putting Mallory and Zach in the same room for a bit (with bunk beds) .. I need cute ideas like this. SOO adorable! I wish I could sew like you. You and Mama O have done an incredible job. Way to go!!