Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Letters FROM bootcamp!!!



As soon as I start feeling a little bit discouraged from not hearing from my man, I get a letter in the mail that day! Definitely a blessing I really needed.

Lots of good news from South Carolina! He sounds to be in good spirits, is staying healthy, and kickin' butt and takin' names in the PT. So proud of him. He placed first in his group in the mile run with a 6:40 mile time and he said he actually enjoys getting 'smoked' by the drill sergeants (that's when they stop whatever is going on to pound them with PT until they can't move anymore). If you know Zacho, it wouldn't sound that crazy that he enjoys it.

He saw the old branch president from his first area on the mission while he was at church. He served in Maryland. He also said one of the drill sergeants threatened that the first phone call they're going to get is two days before graduation. Awesome. Not.

Over all he really sounds great. And now that I found his units Facebook page I can actually see what he's doing out there! If you're curious, go HERE (I actually found a picture of him in the photos link, the second album, second picture. He's doing Land Navigation right in front to the girl's left :-) it MADE MY DAY to actually see him and hear from him :-)

Thanks for all the letters you guys have written him. I know it means a lot to him to have everyone's support from back home.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Go Zacho Go!

Brittany said...

It sounds like he definetely found his niche which makes me so happy for you guys.

Tyler & Michelle said...

I'm so glad you get letters from him. You are a strong and amazing wife.