Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finito Bandito!


I have SO many skirts that I've made that I never wear. But I can guaran-darn-tee wearage with this one. If I may just take a second to say... I am quite proud of myself ;-) I had to make a lot of changes to the pattern (which is originally for an apron) for it to be a modest length and have my hind quarters sufficiently covered (the apron back would have been slightly embarrassing at church... Zach would have liked it though ;-) ha!) So to see it all come together after the way I envisioned it was pretty, well, sa-weet!

**if you're interested, the pattern is found HERE. But I made a lot of edits on it, so let me know if you need some help!

**too, if you go to the website and look ever so carefully, you'll notice a little somethin' somethin' in the 'finished projects' category ;-) That's right, I'm a sewing-website contributor. No big deal.



Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Grammie Star Wars said...

Soooo Cute!!!

Paprika looks great on you ;.)

Stacie Jean said...

Oh MY gosh this turned out adorable. I have to say I printed out the pattern as soon as you published the link. I didn't realize it was an apron though...might have to email you for assistance. I can't wait to make mine!

Anonymous said...

That turned out TOO adorable! I really gotta get me a sewing machine and start learning to sew! You're amazing.

melissa said...

I love it! You are one hot mama. Chris, you are so talented - it definitely runs in your family. I love and miss you guys!

Shan said...

Totally cute! I love the wrap around sash. So sassy. :)

Marci said...

It really turned out cute and I loved it with the top you had on with it Sunday! I would never have seen that color and thought it would look so cute as a skirt.

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

I love it! I'm going to my parents soon so maybe I'll see if my mom will help me whip one up.

THE GROWS said...

sooo.... Do you want to make me one? I love the color you picked too

michele cabiness said...

It's funny, after your first post about this skirt Ali and I both looked through all the free patterns and both printed up this same pattern. We hadn't even talked about it at all. Super cute skirt. You look FABULOUS in it!

Kayley said...

I LOVE it!!! I like it with the bow in the front. I love the color too. And you look great in it. I think it would be cute in that ballerina peachy-pink. I might just have to order one from you! ;)

Chrissy said...

Thanks, everyone! If you need help with it, hit me up at christinenaomi@yahoo.com.