Thursday, July 29, 2010

I call it: Paprika

Photobucket
Very "Bollywood", no?

In honor of the season premier of Project Runway tonight, I am commencing on a new skirt! Tim Gunn would be so proud.

Lisa shared some links for free patterns and I found one that I thought could be me. Truth be told, I stared at the pattern for a good week trying to figure out what on earth it was saying (I rarely follow patterns... I rarely make clothing) and then decided I'd just jump in head first. Reading patterns makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out.


Photobucket
Too bad I'm not Hawaiian or I'd be done by now.


I'll post pics if I end up looking smokin' in it. Otherwise, you're outta luck ;-)


5 comments:

Diane said...

Us old timers learned to sew with good ol' McCalls and Butterick patterns, so if you get stumped, just ask...please don't gouch your eyes out.

Cheryl Joy said...

Project Runway, TONIGHT!?! So excited!!

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE project runway! My DVR is already set! .... I bought the brother project runway edition sewing machine. :) & have been itching to start another project!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy...I love you and you crack me up!!! I haven't dared to try clothes for me yet, just purses and skirts for my daughter!

Kelley said...

Can't wait to see it when you're finished...lovin' the paprika color too.