Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The San Antonio Open

Photobucket

After watching the US Open last weekend, Dad, Z and I all had an itch to play some golf. Of course it was disappointing since we were expecting greatness :-) ... but we still (as always) had fun.

Always great times golfing with the men in my family.
Wish some of the other ladies would come out too!


6 comments:

Diane said...

It does look fun under that blue, fluffy cloud sky. I told you, just get me a nice little golf cart to sit in and I will gladly tag along. cute little golf skirt. cute little visor. cold soda. ya, that sounds like my kind of sport.

Zach O. said...

golfing in a cutoff wash tub t-shirt...nice. just need some copenhagen and some trashed machinery in an overgrown front yard and i'm good to go.

Cheryl Joy said...

I have those shorts in light blue! :)

Diane said...

Actually Zach, you are perpetuating our California stereotype of Texans...sans the ballcap, Wranglers and work boots.

Anonymous said...

Here's how it works at Ralph's Back 40.
Hole #1 lots of laughs and mulligans.
Hole #2 Still laughing but the fact that it took 5 shots to finish a par 3 is starting to eat into the mood.
Hole # 3 I now have 10 strokes and I can see that the next hole has a water hazard.
Hole #4 I now have 14 strokes, no longer laughing, I put 4 extra balls in my pocket thinking maybe one of them will fly OVER the water hazard. Happy and laughing again, my first shot cleared the hazard and I'm only 10 yards off the green.
#5 Very happy I usually land less than 10 feet from the hole on this one.
#6 Can't remember my score but can't forget that someone in the group is still keeping score.
#7 Shot a par and then I ask for my score only find out I'm in last place but encouraged by the par. #8 The green is in the middle of a grove of oak trees and sits at a 25 degree angle. YUCK
#9 Laughing again, and just hoping that I can keep my score in the 40's but knowing that this is the easiest looking but hardest playing hole on the course.
Finally, just happy that I can play a sport with my kids. And have this much fun.
Thanks, Chrissy and Zach!!!!

Chrissy said...

Well said, Dad. That's pretty much the run-down every time we go!