Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Weekend! (and a guest post)


This is my husband.

... well, was my husband, about a year and a half ago.

zacho

(These days, he's asking me to cut his hair with a #1 guard on the clippers. Bootcamp style.
Hat, boots, and buckle still make an appearance every once in a while though.)

How he manages to still be good looking, even with all that fur is beyond me. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll!
-and, a guest post-
I wanted to share my best girlfriend's recent blog entry about her day. Because it made me laugh and actually, in a very unexpected way, made me want to be a Mom.
The post is titled,
"A Day In the Life of Emily"
This blog isn't meant to be a pity party about my day today.
I actually had a pretty good day and a lot of laughs about what went on in this house.
Here's just a few things that went wrong today.
I was tempted to take pictures of each event
but our house was way too messy for that.
Wake up at 6:00 to HArper crying.
Hold Harper to try to put him back to sleep.
Get back in bed then Mason wakes up
Sit on the couch and watch Cartoons and eat waffles with Mason
kiss Carter as he leaves for work
use my bare hand and a piece of paper to scrape
snow off the windows of the Suburban
while trying to stand on the huge tires,
because the snow scraper was left in Carters car that he took to work.
Search for the car keys for ten minutes
later to find out they were hanging in the new spot
I made for them two days ago.
Take Mase to Preschool
Teach the letter I at preschool
come home after preschool and get
my Visiting teaching message ready so I could go VT
Mason spills the gallon of milk in the kitchen
Harper decides my undees needed to be dunked in the Toilet
(He was cracking up while doing this)
The Captain crunch box got dumped
through the entire family room and couch cussions
Vacumed the couch and carpet
Washed the couch cussions
Mason stepped on a bannana in the hall
Then mason walked through the whole house
I scrubbed bannana off the carpet.
May I add that all this happend in 30 minutes
between preschool and Visiting Teaching. :)
Go VT
Put Harper down for a nap
Put a movie on for Mase
Ate half a bag of dill pickle chips and a cherry seven up
(I swear I never do this)
Give the boys a shower
(we don't have a bath and they love showers)
Get Harper out and he pees twice all over the bathroom rugs
Get Mason out and he pees on the kitchen floor
because Harper got to pee on the floor
Get them in jammies
Then change two poopy diapers
Take them to Wal Mart to get out of the house
Mason Just had to wear his snow boots even though its not snowing
(without socks he demanded)
Let them open the cinnamon gold gish
in the store to keep them happy
Come home and make dinner
clean the house AGAIN :)
Put the kids to bed
Clean some more
Watched American Idol
Then sit on the couch and laugh about what the heck happend all day!
Then Blogged
Then realized today wasn't much different than most days but I love it.
Little boys are very active and into everything and it keeps me very busy. I love being a mom. Everyday there is something new to do, overcome, smile about, get mad at, learn from or be gratefull for (even if it is that the day is over). I really did have a good day and it was actually very entertaining.
(how she does it, I have no idea. I don't even have an ounce of her positivity.
But she makes it sound not only possible, but enjoyable. Love and miss you, Em.
I've been a bad friend, we need to talk soon.)

6 comments:

Brittany said...

That was fun to read. I've been told that having a little boy will keep me busy and Emily definitely is testifying to that! I also hope I can be as positive and light-hearted about it, she has a great attitude :)

Cheryl Joy said...

I like Em.
And I like Zacho's hair better short.

Diane said...

CC, your frames are ready!
love
Dad
ps. When is Zach going to release his first C. D.? He's got the cover shot.

Diane said...

I am not sure I would even recognize Zach if I passed him on the street.

Carter G said...

It was just a day that had to be posted so people really new what it was like to have boys! Glad someone got a laugh about it. :)miss and love you too. Em

Carter G said...

Dang it! once again I just realized I was signed in as Carter. My bad