I got all dressed up,
threw my purse over my shoulder,
and turned toward the door to head to Church.
Then I realized I didn't want to go.
Back up...
I spent last night sleeping next to an air purifier,
a box of tissues,
and a bottle of water for my dry mouth.
Again, back up...
Yesterday, all day,
I had ZERO access through my nasal passages.
Nada.
Nothin' doin'.
Night before,
Knocked out with Benadryl,
Day before,
Doped up on Claritin.
anyway. the point is. all of this results in...
this, instead of church:
me turning straight around and plopping on the couch next to my clutch box of kleenex. the purse landed there on my left.

and a weird, incomplete Sunday, filled with, at most, one, single, working nostril. lovely, isn't it? Of all the wonderful attributes I could have inherited from my Dad... his patience, his humor, his forgiving nature, his social skills, his guitar playin'. I got allergies.
Super bad ones.
Don't let my smile fool you.
**I did get to spend some time with my brother's family, which is, of course,
the highlight of my weekend. Surprise, day-visits are always fun.
threw my purse over my shoulder,
and turned toward the door to head to Church.
Then I realized I didn't want to go.
Back up...
I spent last night sleeping next to an air purifier,
a box of tissues,
and a bottle of water for my dry mouth.
Again, back up...
Yesterday, all day,
I had ZERO access through my nasal passages.
Nada.
Nothin' doin'.
Night before,
Knocked out with Benadryl,
Day before,
Doped up on Claritin.
anyway. the point is. all of this results in...
this, instead of church:
me turning straight around and plopping on the couch next to my clutch box of kleenex. the purse landed there on my left.

and a weird, incomplete Sunday, filled with, at most, one, single, working nostril. lovely, isn't it? Of all the wonderful attributes I could have inherited from my Dad... his patience, his humor, his forgiving nature, his social skills, his guitar playin'. I got allergies.
Super bad ones.
Don't let my smile fool you.
**I did get to spend some time with my brother's family, which is, of course,
the highlight of my weekend. Surprise, day-visits are always fun.

4 comments:
Can you use a humidifier along with the air purifier? Saves me with the whole dry mouth thanks to stupid allergies thing.
That and nasty saline rinses. Gross. But helpful.
I was just glad we had ya aaaall day:)
I hate when you get already for Church and realize that you feel horrible and probably would be a hazard to other people's health if you went! I hope your allergies go away soon and that this isn't the start of a very long allergy season!
Oh, and my doctor used to always tell me that taking hot showers and inhaling the steam is the best thing to loosen up your sinuses. Plus you get to take a hot shower.
Anyhow, Happy Sunday to you too! And to the holiday weekend!
that is glorious! oh, well the staying home part, not the allergies. the allergies are a major bummer.
Post a Comment