Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Could It Be True?

Did my mom really just call and ask ME what we're having for dinner?!

Folks, this is big.

I just might be starting to make my mark in the kitchen. I don't want to get ahead of myself, I mean, it's super flattering having your own mother call looking for ideas, but I can't get carried away here. I still have a lot of work to do.

But, color me flattered!




ps.
I told her we're having Chicken Tacos...
real quick...
just cook/sautee the meat with onions and garlic, add whatever spice you want, cayanne's always fun,
add some chopped tomatoes at the end, cook for like a minute or two
fry corn tortillas in shallow oil, only for about 30 seconds on each side,
serve with cheese, sour cream, guac and whatever other unhealthy, delicious thing you can find to pile in there,
and that's it.
you can also make Husband run to the grocery store on his way home from work to pick up some most excellent Hint of Lime tortilla chips.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Hint of Lime tortilla chips....YUMMY!!! I still remember how fast you and Ali could go through a bag.

Zach O. said...

believe it folks...chrissy's throwin down in the kitchen...very pleased.

Diane said...

...and when I asked how you make your chicken tacos, you rattled that recipe off like a pro. You know, the kind of pro that doesn't always use a recipe, they just throw in some of this and some of that and it comes out great. Yes maam, I was impressed.

We had good old Freeman style hamburger tacos...always a winner.

Chrissy said...

You GUUUUYS... you're making me blush :-)

Brittany said...

That does sound good, maybe I'll make it Friday for the missionaries. We currently only have a few of the ingredients, including the key item, Hint of Lime!

Kelley said...

That's my kind of dinner!