Wednesday, November 25, 2009

3,134

Miles in 6 days.





But it was all worth it. It was such a special event to attend, and I'm so glad we were able to.

From the memorial ceremony to the burial, it was all so touching. My Dad and uncles gave beautiful eulogies, each sharing their favorite and most memorable times with their Father. And at the burial site there was all retired members of the military officiating with a 21 gun solute and a flag fold. All very emotional.


Such a fitting way to say goodbye to Grandpa.

I love this first picture. I love all the palbearers, with their strength and love for Grandpa, taking care with his body. But when I took it, I didn't notice my uncle sitting down on the right or my Dad, not exactly looking at the coffin, standing up above him. Their presence and emotion show a great deal of what the entire event was like for us all.






5 comments:

THE GROWS said...

glad you guys were able to attend. Your grandpa sounds like a great man. Funerals are definately a lifechanging experience when it is someone you loved so much. Are you still in Cal? Cot and I are here probably until after christmas

Chrissy said...

Hey Ems, no... we are back in Tejas. I didn't know ya'll were up there! I really wanted to see Jackie and George too... dangit!

Marci said...

Such beautiful pictures. I'm glad you were able to capture some of that day and that you were all able to be there together.

Brittany said...

The expressions of the family do exemplify what the day was like. Beautiful pictures. Hopefully I'll get my funeral and grandpa post out tomorrow.

Zach O. said...

i think the pic of me pretty much sums up how i feel about the drive. so glad i could make it though. the military honors were cool and i thought the whole thing went well.