Friday, August 14, 2009

No, They're Not Jazz Shoes




Every year I do this. {And it always happens after a season of So You Think You Can Dance.}

I call one of the local dance studios, ask them what adult classes they are currently offering, consider taking it, weigh out the costs, go observe the class, ask my friends if anyone wants to join. But I never end up taking the class. 

Except for now.

Maybe it's because I finally have a more lucrative job, maybe it's because I'm feeling more motivated this year than ever before; regardless, I'm doing it.

Class starts Tuesday night. Adult Jazz/Contemporary/Modern. Hopefully my old ballet shoes will work.


9 comments:

Amber Faull said...

That sounds so fun. It's smart of you to do it now before you have kids and have to worry about babysitters. I have convinced Matt to take a ballroom dance class with me but we never end up doing it cause I don't want to pay a babysitter.

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh how fun! I also always contemplate taking a dance class after that show but have yet to, you doing it does give me further enticement however...

Marci said...

I'll be waiting for a video showing off your new skills!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I agree with Marci, looking forward to the video.

THE GROWS said...

Thats hecka fun. I am the same way except about hip hop. Everytime I watch those dang dance shows I tell Carter I want to dance again. Especially after watching step up 2. I think I might learn some of the dances on that movie. Remember when we use to do that with movies and rewind them over and over to learn a dance? I am thinking it might be something to do while the kids are napping! :)

Zach O. said...

every year around this time i start thinkin about finding a way to play some football...a similar effect to what SYTYCD done did to you.

Shan said...

So cool!!! And I'm so jealous! Have a blast!

Diane said...

Oh goodie! We get to go to your recitals again!

tara said...

chrissy! it's tara-- just checked in on you and love your blog. ANND your guts to take on a dance class. I seriously was looking for adult classes around san antonio last week and chickened out. More updates please! I may (may) join you! is it too late?