I had such a great birthday this year... if things keep going the rest of the year the way they started, it is going to be a LOVELY year.
On Friday, Zacho and I cruised out to Medina, through the hill country for some burgers at Cider Mill Cafe. We actually came here as a group of friends a while back (okay so it was like 4 months ago) and thought it had some fun sentimental value and pretty darn good burgers too. The place is really cute, and it's known for it's apple orchards. They have this little kitchen off to the side with fresh baked apple pies waiting for consumption and a gift shop chalk full of apple trinkets and such. I'm pretty sure in the pic below, Zach is in the middle of some amazing story which i am obviously paying SUPER CLOSE attention too as I take pictures in my own little world :)
I just love how all the sheep are staring RIGHT at us. Pretty sure they think that if they don't move, we won't see them.
Today, we had our family celebration, and my Mom and Dad put on the perfect party for me. I absolutely LOVED the decorating my Mom did (even the super-nerdy pictures of me growing up) , and the dinner was deeee-lish! We had tri-tip steak, cheesy-potato casserole, green beans, rolls, and home-made Italian soda's. I didn't want the dinner to end.
My table setting :)
My cake was Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting. Made from scratch. Miraculous.
And to top it all off, I got this beautiful journal from Zach that was
hand-made by his brother Tim. It is made of blood-wood and completely hand done, without any glue. It is the most amazing journal I've ever seen, I absolutely love it and I can't believe he actually knows how to make these things! I also got some lovely cards, a gift certificate to Saltgrass from Zach's parents, and the message at the bottom in my Inbox this morning (from a happy and healthy Addie and Ella :)
Thank you everyone for making my birthday so wonderful!
I am a very lucky girl.
15 comments:
That was quite a birthday extravaganza! The dinner sounds delish and looked beautiful too. I didn't know they even could grow apples in Texas! Do they have fresh apple cider? I love that stuff! Anyway, Happy Birthday :-)!
Happy Birthday Beautiful Chrissy! Your dinner sounds amazing. I wish I could have come not only to taste that delicious menu but especially to see the cute pictures of a littler you! I LOVE all the pictures you took from your fun date! So, they really have apple orchards... who'd a thunk it!
Happy late b-day. I' so sorry I didn't remember. My excuse is that I've been super busy but that's not good enough. I'm glad you had a great bday. u deserve it all. It looks so awesome. I have told so many people about that apple place. the bread was delish and I never new there were so many apple dishes. Hope all is well and to a happy 26!
Happy Birthday, Chrissy. It looks like a lovely party and your great grandmother Angus's china looks pretty also.
happy birthday!!! i'm growing more and more curious about this zach-o character. you're posting about him more. i would appreciate a facebook message if there is anything i should know about. :)
Looks like you had a good birthday. The journal is awsome, and I love the idea your mom had to put all your childhood pictures on the table. The setup looked really cute. And I want the recipe for your drinks!! oh and I have to agree about the best Easter candy. I can't open a pack of those darn chocolate eggs without eating all of them.
You're family is so cool they seem fictional. I'm glad you had such a good birthday. You deserve it!
Happy Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful day it looks like you had. Thanks for the invite, sorry I couldn't make it. Oh wait .. no .. I didn't get invited! And you ate that delicious cake without me? Whatever. I'm not bitter.
Happy Birthday!! Funny, I recognized some of the pictures on the table. Your dinner sounds super yummy. Yummy, yummy!
That cake looked so good that the other day at work a lady was selling cookbooks with homestyle recipes for 5 bucks. I told myself, "if there is a red velvet cake recipe
(because I was so inspired by yours) I'm getting it." And there was, and I did. And I love the table setting of those pictures.
Happy (late) Birthday Chrissy! Your family party looks like it was so much fun and that cake looks SO good!!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was a good one. I love the pictures on the table... I think I will adopt that idea!
Happy birthday beautiful, glad you had a great one and that you feel loved by everyone around you.
ok Chriss I am ready for you to start bloging again!!!! :)
Thanks Em, I will second that! !
Post a Comment