![]() |
I saw this book at Zach O.'s house earlier this week and started reading while he was in the shower. I was intrigued by the title because I couldn't understand why in the world this woman would further boost her husband's career (and ego) by writing a book all about how her life is about him. DUH. Fell right into that one...
Basically, the book is her experience as the wife of a man who she walked in the shadows of for 15 years while he rocketed into stardom has led her find God.
I love these kinds of books (a few in my own personal collecsh are Robin McGraw's {Dr. Phil's wife} "Inside My Heart" and Star Jones' "Shine"). I find people's stories to be extremely fascinating, and quite encouraging. I have this philosophy: if s/he can do it, so can I. No matter WHAT it is. Doing a back-flip on the trampoline, playing tennis, putting in a car stereo. So when I finish reading these books, I end with a new resolve to change, try, or learn. So, I found a few things particularly interesting about Denise Jackson's way of life that I'll probably latch on to.
I thought it was a little ironic that Alan wrote a foreword for his wife's book and threw in a CD at the back with a song he wrote of the same title, "It's All About Him", considering Denise's entire struggle prior to finding God was seeking Alan's approval for anything and not finding her own footing. Kinda funny how it sandwiched her breakthrough accomplishment with accomplishments of his own. Give the girl her space. And personally, I didn't really like the song... the trumpets were a bit much.
Anyway, that's my two cents.


2 comments:
I am a big poser who brought her laptop to the tech convention. Of course to follow along with lessons and go directly to the websites the presenter is talking about. Yes. That's it.
I checked it out for my mom--haven't looked at it myself yet. She thought it was fairly interesting and yeah. Someone thought they were pretty cool coming up with the title.
ACK! The presenter is throwing neon green plastic balls!
Did you like Robin McGraw's book? I'm always impressed with her when she makes an appearance.
Post a Comment