I forego all academic and occupational accountability for the day.
And this is what happened.
I was jumping on the trampoline, with who is arguably my favorite 11 year old, looking at the Cedar tree in our backyard that fell down from the gale force winds last Friday. And I thought, hm...
My mind flashed to last night, when I was perusing Urban Outfitter's home section and found a jewelry rack I really really really (really) wanted.
I proceeded to carry 'said tree' up to the house and piece together what is now standing on my bathroom counter (all pretty and stuff).

I do believe I have now opened a can of worms. Don't be surprised if in the next few months, you find my room covered in sticks.

10 comments:
I love it! You are so talented. :)
PS: Due to popular demand, I started a blog. Click on my picture, and you should be able to link to it from there. We'll see how it goes... :)
Super CUTE! That is a great idea and it was FREE. I totally remember the bejewled hat from last christmas caroling at the Rivewalk. Fun times.
so i'm reading jacob 5 this morning and every time i hear "plucking branches" i think of the chrissy herself actually plucking and pruning branches(minus the dunging)and getting creative. and i saw that it was good. oh and it's righteous that you still enjoy jumping on the trampoline.
That is such a fabuolous idea. I never would've thought of something like that. I wish I was more creative so instead I bask in others creativity.
Oh my gosh! I love that. That's exactly what I need for my "gratitude tree"! can you market those????
I think working at Anthropology has your creative side revved into hyperdrive. (Star Trek, episode 27).
It looks soooo cool, I love it! I am thinking: a large, floor version as a coat rack. hmmm, the possibilites.
Now. please remove the rest of the tree from the back porch. thanks.
Great Idea. Is it big? I can't really tell how big it is from the picture. You're crafty!
I love how you have such great ideas! You really should open your own little corner in a shop. After that go global.
so...
I love it. I've wanted to decorate with branches or quite some time. (I just need a wall of my own.) Did you treat/finish it with anything?
Hey Stef! The tree is like 3 feet tall. I didn't put any kind of finish on it, but I am rethinking that. The branches are brittle so I have to really careful. Any suggestions on what would work (christine ;)?
Post a Comment