Thursday, October 16, 2008

Question:

When was the last time YOU...


woke up at 2:30 in the morning because your house alarm was going off, 


and your mom was scared witless because your dad is out of town, 


and so you were scared witless, 


and you had someone else's car for the month and heard a car alarm going off too, 


and you searched the house thinking someone was in there since the back door that your mom was POSITIVE she locked was no longer locked,


and your mom is muttering things like "I think someone in is here, I really don't have a good feeling"


and Mom asks you to call this guy:


I mean this guy:



so you do, and he comes promptly at 3am, and checks the house and sleeps on your couch and leaves for work at 6am after folding the blankets he used and leaving a cyber-note on your phone saying he'll check on you on his lunch break?


because Mom and I just did that last night.


13 comments:

Desirae said...

Freaky! I would have to say I haven't done that, but I would've been scared too.

Diane said...

Thank heaven it was the guy in the SECOND photo that showed up. We owe you, Michael-Paul, for being so brave and chivalrous. We felt very safe the rest of the night!
What is your favorite treat...I'll bake you anything!

Kayley said...

SCARY! I'd freak out too! What a nice guy to come over- I'm sure he was more than happy to come over and rescue a house full of pretty ladies!

Marci said...

Scary! Thank goodness for Michael-Paul!

Lisa and Mark said...

Awwww. What a nice guy. Are you guys still together? I've been trying to figure that out.

Kelley said...

What a Hero....Cute Hero.
I would be scared witless too.
What in the world happened?
Hurry Home Steve!

michele cabiness said...

What a great guy. Everyone need to know a good guy or two. I'm glad you are safe. Did you ever figure out what happened? I'm sorry you guys are missing your dad.... but I am off to go have chinese food with him!!

Yangster said...

Wow, I'm sorry but that was hilarious. I know how u guys are already always scared of break ins. And I love the pictures of MP. I too am glad crazy gun loving MP showed up. I was just talking to him that night and he was holding a gun and being Man Mode so I'm glad he came. I hope everything is fine now.

Nicole said...

Holy Freaking COW, it's my worst nightmare that I don't need to hear right now because Ben is not going to be home tomorrow night. How did you ever go back to sleep?? I don't think I could. Of all the nights, it had to be one when your dad is out of town!!

Thank goodness for your friend and a reliable alarm system!

Diane said...

What happened? Well, after much thought, here is what i THINK happened. I locked the door earlier in the day and someone (Chloe probably) went outside (unlocking the door)and I just assumed it was still locked at bedtime so I didn't check it. Then,
either someone tried it at 2:30 am and was scared off by the beeping alarm or, as has happened on rare occasion, the alarm goes off and we aren't sure why. But why did the car alarm sound at the same time? and why did the house alarm stop as soon as I secured the door?

I won't make assumptions again. I will check EVERY door, EVERY night.

Now, let's address the issue of Dad having Chinese food tonight? and I spoke to him today whilst he was lunching on an "In and Out Burger". .....2 things we CAN'T get in Texas! I am sooooo jealous!

Anonymous said...

What a scary night. I was fast asleep in Cali. Don and I couldn't stop laughing at Chrissy's "this guy" shot of MP.
Yes it has been a day of culinary treats, first in and out then Chinese. Mmmm as Mike would say.
I miss you, family.
love DAD

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh I didn't know about this! How come so much crazy stuff happens when dad leaves, like big bugs, alarms, doors suddenly unlocking?!

Brittany said...

oh and you guys have a house alarm now?