Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ili's Drop Night

Some of you may remember my previous post about a certain 'Drop Night' I attended. It is an Air Force tradition, where flight school graduates find out what aircraft they will be flying and where they will live for the next several years while training. VERY exciting.


Ili (my Brother-in-law) got his assignment last night!!!


The theme of this particular event was the Olympics. And so each graduate dressed up like an olympian:

















Unfortunately, Dad couldn't be there and we did miss him terribly, especially his adoring wife...

And to celebrate the momentous occasion, we headed to the commissary for some treats...

7 comments:

Kayley said...

Yes those shoes are VERY lovely! Are they moving???

Kayley said...

they=Brit & Ili... not the shoes :)

Marci said...

I love the picture of your mom with the airforce guys :-). Congrats to Brit and Ili...and Oklahoma not's too far!

Anonymous said...

well, well, well don't officers Miller and Fergeson look just a little to happy next to MY wife? You look beautiful Diane! I love those shoes CC and if Marci shows these pics to Addie, you may never see them again.
So that's where the good mothers cookies go, not to HEB. I'm looking for Flakey Flix here in Fresno. I miss you all. But these 12 hour days don't leave much time for lonley thoughts, thank goodness.

Kelley said...

Congrats to Brittany and Ili! Love the shoes and those cookies too:)

Kim said...

That is hilarious I love the outfits.

Shan said...

Stellar shoes, Chrissy my love! And I love red shoes!!!