Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Temples

I was so glad we made it a point to see as many temples as possible... It certainly was not convenient for us to get there nor was it free. But I am soooo glad we did it! We saw the London, England temple and the Den Haag temple in Holland. We tried to do a session in London but once we finally arrived (after buses, trains, and taxis to get there) they were closed for their 2 week annual cleaning :( But we WERE able to go through the Bern, Switzerland temple and it was incredible! I didn't have my camera that day, so I don't have pictures but it was a large temple and the very first one built in Europe (1955). The session was in Italian so we had headsets to help us out... It was a priceless experience!












The London temple has an enormous temple ground, with a lake, meadows, trees and gardens.

















































The Den Haag temple. 'Den' means 'the' in Dutch (much like German). The city is called 'The Haag'. So I struggled to know how to phrase the title: 'The The Haag Temple' :)

0 comments: