Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ciao! from Venezia!

We are now in Venice! No pictures, as we cant use Georges laptop and not a whole lot of time, so I cant write each of you individually. Ill update very quickly and then get back to you all when I can... but Italy may be difficult for internet access. At least affordable access.

First, the new picture for my blog above is one I took in Brussels. We were just walking around looking for waffles and chocolate (what else would you do in Belgium?) and I knelt down to take this shot. I love it!

Now, Venice is incredible! We took a night train here and just got plopped in the center of town at about 9 this morning. It was great! I ate an amazing Calzone, 5 scoops of Gelato, and rode on a Gondole! I also got some more souveniers... so be excited! :)

This city is interesting. Of course, we all know, it is built on water. I was telling Jackie today that I feel very confined here. I feel like we have boundaries on where we can go, and we really do! The water is beautiful, unique, and very exciting... but has proven to be a backpackers nightmare. We are used to going wherever our hearts desired and our feet were willing, but such is not the case here. Oh well! Guess we will just have to sit and eat Gelato on a Gondole instead! :)

Our hostel is about a 20 minute bus ride from the city center, so its clean and quiet out here in what we were told is Modern Venice. Its nice. We are going to head off the church tomorrow... and hopefully find it successfully. We were in Munich this time last week, and had strike one with trying to find services to attend. If we cant find it, we will be spritually super-charged in Bern when we hit up the temple. Personally, Ill just set up camp in there and get all the upliftment Ive been missing this whole trip :)

You will hear again from me soon!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Ahhh Venice! I feel a pang of envy coming on.

5 scoops of Gelato....chasing a Calzone ?! You better start joggin' girl.

Brittany said...

oh the gelato! We had the best gelato in Cinque Tere, but it is good all over IT, just not as good here in the US. Enjoy, eat tons of it and everything else in IT! If you gain any weight it's TOTALLY worth it, worry about losing it once you're home :)