Sunday, July 6, 2008
Quatro de Julio
Posted by
Chrissy
I went down to Corpus Christie with some friends this weekend and had a great time. I was hesitant about going because when I checked the weather before we left there was rain-clouds and thunder-bolts on the hourly pictures for the entire day from 6 am to 9 pm. But since all my friends were still going, I knew I'd pretty much be alone if I stayed here in San An, so I bucked up and braved the storm. It rained cats and dogs for the last half of the drive down there, and then let up gradually until about 5 when the everything was absolutely gorgeous. The wind died down and the clouds parted to reveal the beautiful orange-ish pink sky and ginormous arching rainbow stretching from one end of the ocean to the other. This is when the skim boards came out and the camera fired up... You can actually see the rainbow pretty well in this first one
One of my friends Palmer and me. I really just wanted a picture of the sunset...
Linda and I were put in charge of the dinners, and we fully embraced the challenge. We had corn on the cob (with chili powder) and breakfast burritos fully equipped with dutch-oven backed sausage, bacon, onion, eggs, and hashbrowns... all wrapped in flour tortillas with chips and salsa. It was delish!
But of course, the first glitch in our near perfect planning, we forgot utensils with which to stir. So we used a wrench from one of the guy's truck.



And one last picture before we ate and just relaxed the rest of the evening!

2 comments:
The sky was amazing! It looks like a lot of fun :-)!
checkout stevesrehab.blogspot.com
Post a Comment