After having spent 6 hours in a 6 seater sedan, filled to the brim with 6 people (and I was the lucky gal who sat front and center with the radio dials jabbing my knees and air conditioning freezing my nose off... which brings up another excellent point worth noting: I am clearly no longer the smallest person in the family, but still have to assume the position of suckiest spot in the car, only to switch out every once in a while with Chloe who had the second suckiest spot in the car. Maybe once you're married the family respects you as a normal-sized person) I have reached several conclusions about the wondrous world of blogging. And so ensues, How Blogging Has Changed My Life:
1) I carry a camera with me everywhere, much like a Chinese tourist. (and I can say that because my brother-in-law is Chinese, and he would clearly agree with me because we are kin and can say things like that and still love each other)
2) I put make-up on everyday (almost. Which is still more than I used to) because 'any opportunity is a blogging opportunity' and I don't want to be caught unprepared.
3) I am almost, almost, almost over the whole 'I can't stand seeing pictures of myself' thing. Probably because I make more of an effort to look nice. Which, now that I think about it, means that before blogging I could care less about impressing people and didn't take a second of time to get ready before leaving the house. But now that I know IIII will be seeing the pictures, I put a little more effort into it. In short, I am trying to impress myself, of all people. Weird.
4) I have perfected my back-flip on the trampoline. I would have NEVER conjured up enough motivation to get out there and work on my flips if I didn't know it would be something I could share with all of you :)
5) I have realized that my life, with all of the stupid, hilarious, boring, busy, beautiful, old, new, or otherwise- things that happen, everyone else has just as much and even more to talk about and share. And it's taught me a lot.
6) I didn't know how much I cared about what happens in other people's lives until I started blogging. I, of course, care about other people. But the level of excitement I approach when I see that one of my friends has updated their blog is not unlike the excitement I felt when I slept over at Emily's house for the first time and had to have my Dad come pick me up in the middle of the night because I made myself literally sick with excitement. It's a wonder I am able to have an appetite with all of you updating as much as you do! :)
... and that was as far as the car-ride got me.

4 comments:
My name is Diane Freeman, and I am a blog addict...
there must be a 12 step program for people like us
I was wondering when someone else was going to discover how nice it is to where maternity pants when your not pregnant. its the coolest thing huh.and no one can even tell cause your shirt will cover it. have fun.
Chrissy, you have officially become one of my very favorite people. Just thought you should know that. :)
Post a Comment