After 7th grade, I was tired of having short hair. I decided that year I wanted to look more grown up; straight teeth and long hair. Mostly because I felt like I was being made fun of all the time (although in reality I don't think I was, but just the thought of it still made me pretty darn insecure :() So I let it grow out, and by junior year I was getting those 'wow your hair is long!' comments... and I loved it. Mission accomplished.
So essentially, I have been living off of that sense of fulfillment since then. A good ten years. Time for a change? I think so!
So that gets us to the point where I was convinced I wanted something different. Also, the stinking hot weather combined with working out regularly is a beast when you have long hair! So I shopped around for some different do's, and settled on the Bob being my best shot.
We head to the Salon and have my girl Josie hook me up. I have referred half a dozen people to that women and she sends them back looking like super-stars... anything from long hair like mine, to the short 'Katie Holmes' look.
Well, I'll spare you all the salon-chair drama, and suffice it to say that when she turned the chair around to show the cut I covered my mouth and put my head down between my knees, screaming 'it's so short!'.
We get home, we style it up for the shots you see below, and between takes I was crying because I thought it looked like a 'Mom' cut. So heaven bless my Mom for constantly complementing me, making me feel pretty, and helping me to see how great she thought the hair looked.
It is still growing on me, and I am still at the point where I think my long hair looks better, but I appreciate all the kind words you all have shared! Silly how attached we get to our hair, huh? And really, that thought alone was one of the largest driving forces for me to chop it. I can't stand feeling crippled by something.
So here's some more pictures just for fun, that we took yesterday after I started feeling better about my hair and dried up my tears... (I feel quite silly having all these pictures of just ME up here... but, until I get a husband and family this is all I have!)

7 comments:
I LOVE the shot of you and your mom! It is so great of you both!
I really like the cut on you, although I totally understand how you feel. I cut my hair short (not quite as short as you) not long after Mike and I got married and I felt like I had lost a part of myself too - I totally feel like long blonde hair is part of my identity :-). It is definitely not a silly thing to cry about...this is serious business!
I think your hair looks great. I've been thinking about cutting my hair, but I just can't decide what I want exactly.
So, remember when I was getting sick of my "long hair" and wanted to cut it but didn't really know if I should and you and Jazz convinced me to let Jazz chop it all off that night, and it ended up looking great? Yeah...yours looks ten million times better than mine ever did. Color me a bit jealous.
oh my gosh I LOOOOOOVE you haircut!!! You made me want to cut mine off too :) It really looks great!
oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! i love it. you look so dang cute. i have never known you without long hair huh? I think we became best friends after your short hair phase. well i love it im so glad you did it. hope you love it too. you the pictures are hecka cute.
Chrissy, you are totally HOT!!! I remember the short hair days sooooooooooooooooooo many years ago... good times. When I cut 11 inches off my hair about a year and a half ago, and I saw myself in the mirror at the salon (and my ponytail on the floor), I DIED. I literally couldn't speak for awhile - it was like my voice box had completely left my throat. Yes, your long hair was gorgeous, but so is your new 'do. I REALLY really like it. Honest. And I got all teary-eyed reading your post and looking at your pics because I MISS YOU!!!
Chrissy!!!! You are GORGEOUS! I can't believe how much I like you with short hair! I love you! And I miss you! You are so good at blogging, I aspire to someday be as diligent and interesting as you :) XOXO
Post a Comment