... I didn't get the Valero job like I wanted. I was rather sad, but understood their reasoning for not hiring me. First of all, which is reason enough, they hired someone with more experience. He already worked for the company and just wanted to switch locations. Second of all, I will be gone for 35 days this summer in Europe.
But the manager (my friend, Lisa) called and told me they need a substitute to come in for a week. I gladly accepted the position and it started yesterday. I absolutely LOVE it there. I never thought I would enjoy work. I'm not a good worker, for other people that is. But I absolutely LOVE being in the health and fitness field; for two main reasons: everyone is in such great spirits because exercise makes everyone feel better AND I get paid to work out!
I really wish I got this job, I don't want it to be over on Tuesday :(

5 comments:
Bummer about the job, but I love the new blog look!
chrissy freeman how is it going?? Long time no see!
Shaleah (petersen)
hello love. it is 2:30 in the morning and for some reason i can't sleep. so, i just read your entire blog from beginning to end. it is delightful.
you are an engaging writer that has a gift for revealing yourself in a way that causes the reader to reflect on their own life.
the greatest worry a mother has is that she will inadvertantly emotionally wound her child. perhaps by doing something stupid like being too honest about the child's inability to be a professional dancer:)
i was glad to see in a more recent posting you stated that you "honestly believe you can do anything". thank heaven. that is the gift of hope and unabashed confidence that all parents should foster and all children deserve.
i love you. i am proud of, and amazed by, you. you are my friend.
We are all doing great. We all live in the bay area still. Stefanie is under the name cullumber on my friends list and Sondra is until Willyerd if you want to see their family.
it's 1230 and i'm bored...i was looking for a different post and found this one...and now you got this here lil job you were disappointed about not getting. congrats babe...good job. ;)
Post a Comment