It has been especially fun living at home the past year or so. I moved in with Mom and Dad a year and a half ago (crazy it's been that long!) and eased my way into making friends and going to school and working and that whole deal. Brit moved in about 6 months after I did, sharing a room with me in the 1700 sq foot house we were living in at the time. It was crowded, she and I had no friends, we knew NOTHING about texas, and spent quite a few nights sitting around staring at the walls. Well, as time went on we ventured out into the single's ward and made it a point to go to activities and parties and such. Brit moved in in February of last year, and it wasn't until about June or so that she and I started to feel like we had a solid group of friends to hang out with. In July we moved into our much roomier house, and by the end of the summer we had parties and get togethers quite often. August rolls around, and we are at break-the-fast, and Brit spots this Asain guy (who she always has a radar out for) and turns to us girls and says 'look!! a hot Asain! I have to go talk to him!'. So in typical Brittany-bravery, she strolls right over and strikes up a conversation. They go out on a date the following week, followed by a few more dates, followed by day after day of seeing each other at least once... and the rest is history! I have loved having my whole family near me, and being with everyone to share all these experiences with. They have been talking about marriage for quite a while, and Brit has been steadily 'warning' us as a family for upcoming events ;) Last week, my mom came home from a Target super sale with all these glass candle holders and lined them up on our counter tops in the kitchen. I walked into the house and asked her what they were for and she said she had been up nearly two nights in a row thinking about all the things that need to get done on the house to prep it for a reception. (mind you, Ili hadn't even asked yet!) She got especially excited about placing beautiful candles all over the house, which she has voiced on many occasions is going to be her ideal reception setting: candles floating in water in a pool. (We've not had a pool put in yet, and likely won't before this wedding... but maybe for the one next in line, wink wink ;)
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Two Down, Two To Go!
Posted by
Chrissy
Congratulations Brili on your Engagement! I'm so happy for you guys, and can't WAIT to help plan the wedding! :) 
It has been especially fun living at home the past year or so. I moved in with Mom and Dad a year and a half ago (crazy it's been that long!) and eased my way into making friends and going to school and working and that whole deal. Brit moved in about 6 months after I did, sharing a room with me in the 1700 sq foot house we were living in at the time. It was crowded, she and I had no friends, we knew NOTHING about texas, and spent quite a few nights sitting around staring at the walls. Well, as time went on we ventured out into the single's ward and made it a point to go to activities and parties and such. Brit moved in in February of last year, and it wasn't until about June or so that she and I started to feel like we had a solid group of friends to hang out with. In July we moved into our much roomier house, and by the end of the summer we had parties and get togethers quite often. August rolls around, and we are at break-the-fast, and Brit spots this Asain guy (who she always has a radar out for) and turns to us girls and says 'look!! a hot Asain! I have to go talk to him!'. So in typical Brittany-bravery, she strolls right over and strikes up a conversation. They go out on a date the following week, followed by a few more dates, followed by day after day of seeing each other at least once... and the rest is history! I have loved having my whole family near me, and being with everyone to share all these experiences with. They have been talking about marriage for quite a while, and Brit has been steadily 'warning' us as a family for upcoming events ;) Last week, my mom came home from a Target super sale with all these glass candle holders and lined them up on our counter tops in the kitchen. I walked into the house and asked her what they were for and she said she had been up nearly two nights in a row thinking about all the things that need to get done on the house to prep it for a reception. (mind you, Ili hadn't even asked yet!) She got especially excited about placing beautiful candles all over the house, which she has voiced on many occasions is going to be her ideal reception setting: candles floating in water in a pool. (We've not had a pool put in yet, and likely won't before this wedding... but maybe for the one next in line, wink wink ;)
It has been especially fun living at home the past year or so. I moved in with Mom and Dad a year and a half ago (crazy it's been that long!) and eased my way into making friends and going to school and working and that whole deal. Brit moved in about 6 months after I did, sharing a room with me in the 1700 sq foot house we were living in at the time. It was crowded, she and I had no friends, we knew NOTHING about texas, and spent quite a few nights sitting around staring at the walls. Well, as time went on we ventured out into the single's ward and made it a point to go to activities and parties and such. Brit moved in in February of last year, and it wasn't until about June or so that she and I started to feel like we had a solid group of friends to hang out with. In July we moved into our much roomier house, and by the end of the summer we had parties and get togethers quite often. August rolls around, and we are at break-the-fast, and Brit spots this Asain guy (who she always has a radar out for) and turns to us girls and says 'look!! a hot Asain! I have to go talk to him!'. So in typical Brittany-bravery, she strolls right over and strikes up a conversation. They go out on a date the following week, followed by a few more dates, followed by day after day of seeing each other at least once... and the rest is history! I have loved having my whole family near me, and being with everyone to share all these experiences with. They have been talking about marriage for quite a while, and Brit has been steadily 'warning' us as a family for upcoming events ;) Last week, my mom came home from a Target super sale with all these glass candle holders and lined them up on our counter tops in the kitchen. I walked into the house and asked her what they were for and she said she had been up nearly two nights in a row thinking about all the things that need to get done on the house to prep it for a reception. (mind you, Ili hadn't even asked yet!) She got especially excited about placing beautiful candles all over the house, which she has voiced on many occasions is going to be her ideal reception setting: candles floating in water in a pool. (We've not had a pool put in yet, and likely won't before this wedding... but maybe for the one next in line, wink wink ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment