I have mixed feelings about having posts on more personal, or more deep issues. And since my blog has become more 'popular' :) with people adding links and what not, I waffle back and forth between keeping it light-hearted and perhaps just a touch thought provoking, to putting in whatever I please, because it's basically become a journal for me anyway...eh...so...
I have become less and less tolerant of things I don't like, and more and more drawn to things I do. I have learned from several people's examples that in order to be a good person, you have to surround yourself with good people and good things. I have noticed in myself that if there is a situation I am in that I don't completely agree with, I start to feel like I'm sort of deceiving myself, kind of living a lie...kind of. And I just don't care anymore what kind of person it makes me look like to say no, or to walk away; if I don't agree with it, I'm gone.
But where is the point in which you can say 'I don't agree with this, or with that person, but I'm still going to love them or be as Christ-like as possible.'? I am stuck now, in the place where I don't tolerate what I believe to be wrong, but I also don't want to walk around with a chip on my shoulder. I don't want people to think certain things are ok with me, but I also don't want to feel dislike toward them because I disagree with them.
I spent some time this evening with someone that I disagree with in how to approach relationships. It's no big secret between us that I feel this way. And I can't help but be reminded of our differences every time I'm with this person. However, whereas I don't agree with them, I also don't dislike them. But I know there is a tension there and I don't know what to do about it just yet. I don't want this person to think I agree with them, but I also don't want to feel uncomfortable every time I see them.
Some people are able to really see love and respect in others in the face differences and some people avoid confrontation like the plague and will pretend like everything is ok. I am neither of these people. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle. But I'll figure it out soon...

0 comments:
Post a Comment