Also, about a week after moving in, I was giving Remi his bath and I noticed he had a weird (and gross) bump on the side of his rib-cage. Since our last dog died of stomach cancer, we were totally paranoid and took him to the Vet immediately. When we got inside, we heard another dog walking around in the back room. He came around the corner and we could see that he was in a lot of pain. He was another golden retriever, with a much darker face than ours. His pads were cut up on his paws and his tail was bald. The Vet said he was a stray that was brought in about 2 hours prior to us getting there... I asked her what was wrong with him and she said they had yet to run any tests. Then I told her that if there wasn't anything terminally wrong with him, and if his owners never show up, we would be more than happy to adopt him. Well, a gazillion tests and a few days later, we call the Vet and he is ready for us to come pick him up! So... new house AND new dog!! Thank goodness we have a bigger yard now ;) ~oh, and Remi is fine, no stomach cancer ;)
Old Dog (Remi):
New Dog (Rusty):

0 comments:
Post a Comment