I was really touched by a talk I heard in church today. It was about missionary work. I wrote down one of the quotes. It was said while the point of sharing the gospel with others was being made. If we are to open our mouths and share something so important as the gospel, we need to be in a position where we are trusted. The quote said 'what people think about what you say depends greatly on how much they think you care about them'. How important then is charity? How important is it that even in times when we aren't sharing the gospel, we are charitable to those around us. I thought specifically of my fellow research assistants at school. They all know I'm Mormon. It became apparent to me that I need to watch my every action and word. That I need to be someone they know cares about them, is kind, charitable, honest. I can't afford to just 'have a bad day'. I have to make sure that my life is where it needs to be so that I will treat others with charity (and not be 'having a bad day'), and can then open up to them about the gospel when the time is right. I know... duh?.. right?
and now for tonights top ten list...
Top 10 things Chrissy needs to be better at:
1. thinking before I speak
2. thinking of others
3. tweezing my eyebrows
4. reading my scriptures
5. playing the piano
6. sleeping
7. running
8. giving compliments
9. being patient
10. being patient...

0 comments:
Post a Comment