I have a gazillion things on my mind right now. So I'm going to bullet this post.
-The Dating Life: I finally D-to the-T-to the-R'd with the aforementioned fellow. We had a party at our house last night in celebration of March 14 = 3.14 which is of course pi day. So everyone brought over pies. Anyway, the fellow left my house around 11:30, then I get a call from him like 11:36 asking if he can come back over to talk to me. I was actually quite relieved. So we just sat in his car and hammered out the details. It was your basic run of the mill dtr, nothin special. HOWEVER, he had informed me that everyone in the ward (no exaggeration) knows about he and I (which is ridiculous, since there is NO he and I) and that they ask him ALL the time. Furthermore, there is another young man that I went on a date with last weekend that I really liked and would go out with again that apparently is asking this fellow about us. And of course, this fellow being as interested in me as he is, is telling people that he really is hoping for something and that it's up to me. Which, as you can see, creates a pickle because the other guy that I would like to go out with is hearing from the fellow that I am number one on his list and so the other guy will by no means step on his toes to ask me out. AHH! So stinking frustrating.
-The School Life: I am just over half-way through with my courses, I have a unit exam coming up two days after we get back from spring break, research to analyze and compile into a report, and then countless other little assignments to turn in. I am in the process of designing research of my own to conduct as an independent study under my research adviser. This will be the first of a LONG line of projects I will probably be doing for the rest of my life. I am SO excited about it, but it is time consuming. And when I get excited about something, I think about it constantly and it stresses me out because it takes away from other things in my life. Anyway, what I will be studying is the reason people commonly feel lightheaded post exercise when they stand up. I will measure cerebral blood flow post exercise with a group of subjects that a) work out on a bike and then stand up and b) work out on a bike and then dip there hands in cold water for 3 minutes and then stand up. The idea is that the sympathetic nervous system reacts to the cold by constricting blood vessels, raising blood pressure, and increasing nerve conduction. What I want to see is if these will increase enough to create adequate blood flow to the brain, thereby reducing risk of passing out. This will have to start in the next couple of weeks. On top of another study I am assisting in and my three courses.
-The Me Life: This is most highly sacrificed portion of my life. Spending the amount of time with my sisters and family that I want to spend is getting harder. Not to mention spending time keeping in touch with good friends. I want to hang out with anyone that calls whenever they call, I want to watch my family's favorite tv shows when they watch them, I want to go play basketball with Chloe when she asks me, I want to visit teach more, I want to sew more, I want to read more, I want to ride my bike more, I want to rock climb more, I want to keep my room clean, I want to read my scriptures everyday, I want to buy new cute clothes, I want to go running, I want to watch movies, and the list goes on and on.
I absolutely love being busy and having all these things at my fingertips. I just wish I could give 100% to ALL of them.

0 comments:
Post a Comment