Monday, January 8, 2007

commencement...

I'm going to give this my best shot. I have had a few friends that do these blogs, and I have always wanted to do one. I just didn't have the time or the arrogance to think that anyone would read it. Now (that I'm a grad student) I have loads of time, and I don't care if anyone reads it ;) I am going to commence with a background of how I ended up here... I finished BYU in June of '06 with a degree in Exercise Science. I LOVED my major. I started with this emphasis as a Freshman, moved to Chabot College to take pre-req's for Dental Hygiene, then down to Fresno City College to, well, basically play tennis and figure out that I really didn't want to be a Dental Hygienist, then back to BYU to finish in Exercise Sci as an aspiring Physiology professor. In the midst of that, I ran Cross Country for Chabot College, prepared for and then decided not to go on a mission, dated some interesting characters, and loads of other experiences I should have already 'blogged' about. Anywho, I could go on for a while. Back to the matter at hand, how I ended up here... in Texas...

Well I could talk about the story of how I was dating someone when I graduated who (forgive me if he, or anyone he knows reads this...) kinda sucked the life out of me and after moving to Cali, 'talking' on the phone with him for HOURS on end for TWO solid weeks, moving back to Utah, living (literally) out of my car, and then finally getting the sense knocked back into me by my beautiful best friend of a mother, dropped him... took an already planned trip to Texas for a cruise and just never got on the plane back to Utah. (My amazing father took my ticket instead and picked up my life-packed car and drove it for 48 striaght hours from Provo to San Antonio). Let me interject something just briefly, I cannot tell this story without proper recognition for my love-friend Jackie Booth, who so caringly called this boy so as to repossess my car keys and get directions to his parents house where my life-car was parked. And by doing so, completely relieved me of a potentially very difficult situation. loves. But I'm not going to tell that story.

Because I believe that Heavenly Father truly holds my life in His hands, I know I am here because this is where I am supposed to be. I am closer to my family (just down the hall actually), I am admitted to the University of Texas in what is now one step closer to my 'professorial' goals, I am loving the weather, bike trails, student gym with free rock-wall, my brother and his family are just a drive away, and I have my Golden Retriever back!! I am really really really enjoying it here. Really.

So that's how I got here! Let the blogging begin...

0 comments: