So, they say "when you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", right? Well, I did my best. Haven't blogged all week. It's been one of THOSE weeks. But last night was the cherry on top and I just can't swallow it all! So I'm going to list, rant, and then hopefully get over this ridiculous week with some retail therapy (Mom, I tried calling you... wanna meet me at La Cantera in an hour?)
Friday: found an extremely painful lump in my left breast, and after months of complaining about the pain Zach finally made me go to the Doc. The entire day was spent being, well, rubbed and pressed and probed and sent from one specialist's office to another. Not to mention all the emotional stress of it all. Turns out I'm fine, but Friday itself was awful. And Friday night, BYU lost. Bad. I know that doesn't sound like something worth adding to my complaint list, but when the hubs' teams lose, it is a quiet night around here, I'll tell you what.
Saturday: Red River Rivalry. Just look it up. And then, the worst of it all happened. We found out my in-laws house got broken in to while Mom was out of town and Dad was at work. We are the closest kids to them, in proximity, so we hurried over to comfort my sister in law who came home to see the door wide open and the car missing from the garage. They took a lot. And left a rather big mess in the parent's bedroom. It broke my heart. And made Zach extremely upset. It was horrible.
Sunday: 49er's lost. Big time. Again, quiet around the house. And general conference didn't record, so in an effort to seek some respite from the past three days and sit down to get spiritually fed, our DVR failed us.
Wednesday: Had a student go talk to my boss about how I seem to be having some kind of attitude lately. Said I make 'snide' remarks in class and said something that apparently really offended her. She told my boss she wants to drop my class. Mind you, at this point I was ready to just tell my boss 'great! she drops and we're both free from this." But of course I can't do that. I had to care. But in reality, I hate hearing that I'm not good at what I have a huge passion for. So that was a big bummer.
Thursday: found out I left my iPod (the expensive kind, I'll just leave it at that) in one of the studios. That amped up the stress level on my day for about 2 hours. Another teacher found it and has it. But I dodged a huge bullet there.
Aaaaand that brings us to last night: for those of you who know me well this won't come as a surprise, but I spent a decent part of the night (2-4am) throwing up. I do that when I'm maxed out on stress. Hubs and I are supposed to go on a lunch date today to help turn this week around but just don't feel well enough.
Agh, I feel defeated!
So shopping with Mom will hopefully turn things around for now.

18 comments:
Sending hugs your way!! I also firmly believe in retail therapy.
Oh wow Chris, what a week! I'm so glad to hear your lump is benign and fine. If it makes you guys feel any better, no Okies that we've seen in the community or of acquaintances are boasting about their win. I had trouble sleeping last night too (but no vomit), luckily we both could sleep in today! Hope things start looking up for you :-)
you definitely deserve spending time/money doing something that brightens your spirits. sometimes that's the only thing that will help. :)
It sounds like shopping is the only answer :-)! I wouldn't worry about that annoying student...it in no way means you aren't good at what you are doing, it just proves there are always going to be annoying weirdos in our lives and we have to deal with it. I hope you are feeling better, that the police can catch whoever broke into Zach's parents' house and that Zach's teams fair better this weekend. Just keep reminding yourself of the positives...you don't have breast cancer, you have your Ipod back and next week can only get better from here!
And you guys could always just get away from it all and head up to Dallas and come to the fair with us on Sunday!
I'm with Marci....come to the fair with us. We have an extra bed in our hotel room for you to crash for free. AND you can wear the awesome leather jacket we found on our therapeutic shopping spree.
Chris, when students are failing/trying to get out of your class, the oldest trick in the book is to blame the teacher. Is she going to go the dean and say, "Class is great. Teacher rocks. I suck. Can I withdraw?" Nope, they'll try to put it ALL on you. Your boss should know that. If not, remind him.
Mike
See, Chrissy, that's why I told you to contact Mike....I knew he would have some comforting words of wisdom. No teacher escapes this stuff. I am remembering a couple of stories my dad had too. Even though he knew he wasn't at fault, it still hurt his feelings a bit and put him in an awkward position with his superiors until he realized they completely understood and had his back.
Wow, that's a pretty crappy week. I think maybe a trip to Hawaii would help. :) Just kidding (though you guys are always welcome, of course!). I hope this weekend is much, much better than the week was! Miss you guys!
Post a pic of the leather jacket. Or ... maybe not. Paranoia.
Take care. :/
That was a bad week CC. Your number was up, all week long. You just have to let IT finish, when it's over, take inventory of what's left. And get going again.
Know that your mom and I are always here to listen and love you and Zach.
I'll get those chairs for you on monday. Maybe they will worthy of your blog.
We will miss you guys this weekend!
Aww, sweet girl, I'm so sorry to hear about all that. Glad your lump was benign- that is reason to celebrate. The part about your in laws is so heart breaking. Can we help? Can we set up a donation account? Or will their insurance cover it?
And I'm with Mike regarding the student. Sounds like she is being over sensitive and looking for a reason to get out.
I hope things are looking up!
xoxoxo
What a horrendous week!...Hope the retail therapy helped...I'm sure things will turn around and improve for you guys!
Yikes! That does sound like a no goo very bad week! Next week will be better...it has to be, right? :)
Ahhh, when it rains it pours sometimes. I'm sorry, but so happy hear the lump is benign. You're due for some good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed and perhaps send a few prayers your way.
Oh Chrissy - I'm so sorry. That sounds like one bad week. I hope you're doing better now. Just keep movin' forward. You're strong. This too shall pass .. right?
Throwing up when you're stressed too much? eww. gross. So sorry. That's THE worst!
eat a banana!! :) haha jk. I think I told you that the first time you spent the night at my house and you were feeling sick. I think we were like 14 or something! sorry you had a bum week. That all sounded really sucky. hope you feel better and have a betta week. love you and remember EAT A BANANA! :)oh and I agree with Marci, for sure go shopping
I have had a quite a few of those kind of weeks since starting the school year. One bad week then your off to the races the next week and all that bad stuff seems to disappear. You're the best at making the most of a situation and smiling through it all. Good Luck!
Post a Comment